Friday 3 February 2012



THE BIKE
The bike is a KTM 640 Adventure. It's a 2003 model and has about 30,000km on her, so it's no spring chicken but is still in very good shape. I've spent quite a bit of time setting it up for myself and what i want to do with it.
I needed a bike with great offroad ability, a big fuel tank, reasonably light weight, a fairing of some sort, and a solid subframe to carry all of my gear about.  I considered a few other makes and models. DR 650, XR650R, F650GS etc but felt that all of them would need a lot of modification to bring them up to the specs of the standard 640 Adventure.
In terms of setup and modifications it's been kept fairly standard. The 640 already has a 30litre tank, is great in the bush and is a fairly solid machine so all i really had to do was set the bike up for myself and give everything a good service.
 A lot of the expensive stuff had already been done by a previous owner. Both fork and shock had already been revalved and fitted with heavier springs, a full Staintune exhaust had been fitted along with a MSC steering damper and SW Motech sidestand.

Here's a video outlining what i have done












No comments:

Post a Comment